The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 17th, 2019, 3:27pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 351008 times)
Conrad
Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #480 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 11:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thank you Guest!

I have a few more questions based on your response, but have had trouble posting messages that are longer.  It keeps recognizing it as spam.  I will get back to you with some follow-up questions in the future.

Thanks again,
IP Logged
SeanUMD

Email

« Reply #481 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 8:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks for the reply again.  As far as the technical-based questions , will they basically be trying to test my overall scientific knowledge.  Could you please clarify so that I am on the same page.  As far as non-technical based question, could you please provide me with a few examples.  Thank you!
IP Logged
SeanUMD

Email

« Reply #482 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 8:26am »

In addition, I forgot to add a few more comments.  

In your recent post you stated to get my resume in the hands of an SPE.  First off, I realize this is probably a dumb question, but what does SPE stand for and how do I get my resume in their hands.  Through a USPTO career fair?

Also, you stated that the life science positions are very competative.  I graduated with a BS in 2001 with a GPA=3.98  and I will be graduating in Dec 2006 with a PhD from UMD's doctorate program with a GPA=3.8.  With these GPAs, and other awards/achievements and excellent recommendations, do you consider me competative for a position.  Could you offer any suggestions as to how I could strengthen my resume and chances of obtaining a USPTO patent examiner position.  Thank you!
IP Logged
« Reply #483 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 3:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Aug 8th, 2006, 8:26am, SeanUMD wrote:
In addition, I forgot to add a few more comments.  

In your recent post you stated to get my resume in the hands of an SPE.  First off, I realize this is probably a dumb question, but what does SPE stand for and how do I get my resume in their hands.  Through a USPTO career fair?

Also, you stated that the life science positions are very competative.  I graduated with a BS in 2001 with a GPA=3.98  and I will be graduating in Dec 2006 with a PhD from UMD's doctorate program with a GPA=3.8.  With these GPAs, and other awards/achievements and excellent recommendations, do you consider me competative for a position.  Could you offer any suggestions as to how I could strengthen my resume and chances of obtaining a USPTO patent examiner position.  Thank you!

lol, you shouldn't have any problem then.  
IP Logged
Jonathan

« Reply #484 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 4:23pm »

on Aug 8th, 2006, 8:26am, SeanUMD wrote:
First off, I realize this is probably a dumb question, but what does SPE stand for and how do I get my resume in their hands.

Supervisory Patent Examiner - basically the immediate manager of a group of patent examiners.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »