The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2019, 3:49pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 346702 times)
Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #475 on: Aug 5th, 2006, 5:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Aug 5th, 2006, 1:42pm, Jack wrote:
How long does it take for the interview process to get rolling?  I summitted an application a little over a month ago and haven't heard anything.  Is that typical?  Is it a bad sign?  Thanks.

even if you are highly qualified, it may take forever for you to be contacted. so GO TO THE JOB FAIR. or get in contact with an spe.
IP Logged
« Reply #476 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 5:05pm »

does anyone know if they give the recruitment bonus payment at the beginning or end of the 1st year?
IP Logged
SeanUMD

Email

« Reply #477 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 8:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As I stated before on this forum, I am interested in using my PhD in immunology as a patent examiner at the USPTO or as an intellectual property associate in a private law firm.  My question is for those individuals that work at the USPTO.  Could you please give me some insight into the interview process--basically the step-by-step process and some of the questions that they will ask me.  

Also, for those individuals that have been hired at private law firms as intellectual property associates--could you answer the same question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

IP Logged
« Reply #478 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 9:02pm »

on Aug 6th, 2006, 8:28pm, SeanUMD wrote:
As I stated before on this forum, I am interested in using my PhD in immunology as a patent examiner at the USPTO or as an intellectual property associate in a private law firm.  My question is for those individuals that work at the USPTO.  Could you please give me some insight into the interview process--basically the step-by-step process and some of the questions that they will ask me.  

Also, for those individuals that have been hired at private law firms as intellectual property associates--could you answer the same question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

if you submit the application through jars, an SPE will contact you if they are interested in hiring you.  The interview could be highly technical, or it could be non technical, it all depends on what the SPE wants to know.

If the SPE wants to hire you, that will be your only interview and he will recommend you to HR for hire.  If the SPE determines that there is a better fit for you, he/she will give ur info to an SPE in an art unit that is more appropriate and that SPE will interview you.

if you wait wait wait for someone to get back to you, you may be waiting forever.  so you must be proactive in terms of trying to get in contact with SPEs in your field, sending them resumes directly, etc.

don't hold your breath though, the life sciences positions are very competitive, just because there are a lot less of them than EE/CPE positions.
IP Logged
Sean
« Reply #479 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 11:16am »

jfakjakfjkasfjd
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »