The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2019, 2:43am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 354240 times)
Soon2Be
Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #220 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 4:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey i'll be working in may after I graduate...any advice on housing?  I'd like to utilize the transit system and live in a low rent/safe area.  Looking for roommates starting in late May 06.  

Anyone else in my position?  I'd like to chat with a couple of other soon to be patent examiners.  Shoot me an email at emchao@purdue.edu if you'll also be starting in May.
IP Logged
sstarch1
« Reply #221 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 5:28pm »

Hey all.
Im an Aerospace undergrad from Notre Dame, im studying for the Patent Bar this semester and plan to take it immediatly after i graduate in May.
1) Is the patent bar exam required for USPTO? or would it even help?

Thanks.
Stepan.
IP Logged
sstarch1
« Reply #222 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 6:42pm »

Would i not appear as a better candidate than others if i have passed the patent bar?
IP Logged
sstarch1
« Reply #223 on: Jan 31st, 2006, 5:29pm »

I will be graduating in May from the University of Notre Dame with a degree in Aerospace Engineering. A decent GPA. and some quite interesting research.
Qualified?
IP Logged
daven

Not Working for the USPTO
« Reply #224 on: Jan 31st, 2006, 6:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I *thought* I wanted to apply for an examiner position but the more I read about the USPTO online, the less attractive it looks.  Working "voluntary overtime" comes up in quite a few google searches.  It seems the old patent examining quota system and increased complexity of newer patents are not compatible.

From what I've read, they don't allow enough time to do a good job so you end up working for free, assuming your conscience won't allow you to push shoddy work through.

I could be wrong, but that's the general impression I have after a year or so of reading studies, etc.  Is it really that bad up there?
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2006, 6:49pm by daven » IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »