The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 22nd, 2019, 3:28am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 348248 times)
Blebbing Ameoba
Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #1230 on: Oct 24th, 2007, 10:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Got in touch with the SPE for the specific examining group yesterday so maybe this will bear some results or at least some more people to talk to.

Getting my wisdom teeth pulled was less aggravating than OPM Smiley
IP Logged
guest12345
« Reply #1231 on: Oct 25th, 2007, 4:59pm »

My experience with SPEs has been the opposite.  HR was somewhat helpful.  On the other hand the two SPEs I have contacted have ignored me.  I sent an email to one of the hiring contacts and received a 4 word reply, (I'll talk to [insert spe name here]).  After not getting a response several weeks later, I sent a second email and didn't get a response at all.  I also sent an email to the SPE who interviewed me a while ago, and he hasn't responded to my email either.  Either they are extremely busy, or are basically telling me to buzz off.
IP Logged
anonexaminer42
« Reply #1232 on: Oct 25th, 2007, 8:08pm »

I wouldn't be bothering SPEs right now if you want to leave a good impression.  They are all a bit stressed because of the new rules set to go into effect next week.  That said, send an email, but don't expect an immediate followup.  

PTO HR is pretty worthless.  They don't really care about people, they care about forms and checked boxes.  

OPM?  Why on earth would you contact them?  They know less than PTO HR.

Contact the SPE, ask them who to talk to in HR.  Every tech center has a specific HR contact.  Talk to the specific HR contact.  If the SPE ignores you or doesn't return your calls, they probably aren't interested in hiring you and are being polite by ignoring you.
IP Logged
guest12345
« Reply #1233 on: Oct 25th, 2007, 10:40pm »

Well, the 3 emails I sent were in a span of 5 months, so I wouldn't say I am bothering them.

PTO HR is a bit clueless.  Sometimes I would call and be told I am on the "referral list", other times they wouldn't even bother to look in their computer.

I guess it is time to move along, back to developing websites. Who knows maybe I will come up with some brilliant idea like facebook  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
tacoloser
« Reply #1234 on: Nov 6th, 2007, 6:40pm »

You're getting good advice about PTO HR.  Don't even bother.  They'll talk to you for hours about how little they can do for you rather than simply making a phone call or typing a few keys in order to help you out.

I've never seen a worse run operation in my life and I've worked in the govt for years.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »