The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2019, 9:14pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 346762 times)
guest42
Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #1210 on: Sep 12th, 2007, 8:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

EOD=enter on duty
It is the date you become employed.
IP Logged
ky

« Reply #1211 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 9:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

For people who are in the PTA, what's the dress code and atmosphere like?  Is it more of a professional environment or a college class environment.  Thanks for any input.
IP Logged
marklyon

« Reply #1212 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 1:17pm »

Is the USPTO putting a stop to its earlier hiring binge?  I just got these two emails, in rapid succession:

Quote:
US PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
EXTERNAL RECRUITMENT DIVISION
ALEXANDRIA VA  22313

Dear MARK  H  LYON

This refers to the application you recently submitted to this office for the position shown below:

Position Title:    PATENT EXAMINER (EE, COMP E, CS, PHYSICS)
Series/Grade:   1224 5-13
VacancyID: 127618

The agency has cancelled  or postponed filling this vacancy.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE.  IT IS AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED.

For additional information, please refer to the vacancy announcement for this position.

and

Quote:
US PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
EXTERNAL RECRUITMENT DIVISION
ALEXANDRIA VA  22313

Dear MARK  H  LYON

This refers to the application you recently submitted to this office for the position shown below:

Position Title:    PATENT EXAMINER (EE, CE, CS, PHYSICS)
Series/Grade:   1224 11-13
VacancyID: 124025

Your rating is based solely on your response to the on-line questionnaire.  Your application was not reviewed because the agency has closed this vacancy.

There are no openings for Patent Examiner Grades GS-11/13 at this time.

We appreciate your interest in employment with the US Patent and Trademark Office.

This notice provides information contained in your record as it appears in the files of the Servicing Office shown above.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE.  IT IS AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED.

For additional information, please refer to the vacancy announcement for this position.

I submitted both of these applications a considerable time ago, so they may simply be killing off old position announcements, but it seems odd that I never received any other response from the USPTO regarding my pending apps.

(As a side note, it may be time to start a new thread.  When I tried to reply to this one, IE died while loading the Topic Summary)
IP Logged
Same Here
« Reply #1213 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 3:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Sep 19th, 2007, 1:17pm, marklyon wrote:
Is the USPTO putting a stop to its earlier hiring binge?  I just got these two emails, in rapid succession:

and

I submitted both of these applications a considerable time ago, so they may simply be killing off old position announcements, but it seems odd that I never received any other response from the USPTO regarding my pending apps.

(As a side note, it may be time to start a new thread.  When I tried to reply to this one, IE died while loading the Topic Summary)

I just got the same email....
IP Logged
mk1023

« Reply #1214 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 3:40pm »

They don't hire EE/CE/CS/Physics at GS11. If you want to know more send me a PM.

Sounds stupid, but I'd suggest you reapply at GS9
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »