The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 18th, 2019, 10:18pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 352167 times)
general
Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #1200 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 10:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Can anyone tell me if phone service subscribed from a cable company in Virginia (Comcast) is OK? Is it as good as the old-fashioned phone service?

The reason I am asking is because Comcast quoted me $99 per month for "regular phone service + cable modem internet + basic cable TV", bundled.

I guess that I am kind of "out-of-touch" with that aspect of technology.
IP Logged
general
« Reply #1201 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 10:14am »

Does anyone know if phone service subscribed from a cable company in Virginia (Comcast) is OK? Is it as good as the old-fashioned phone service?

I am asking because Comcast quoted me $99 per month for the bundled package of PHONE SERVICE plus CABLE MODEM INTERNET plus BASIC CABLE TV.

I guess I am "out-of-touch" with that kind of technology !
IP Logged
kiger

« Reply #1202 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 1:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

That is the standard deal across the country. Unlimnited long distance, basic cable, and decent internet. It's not bad at all.
IP Logged
Applied & Interviewed
« Reply #1203 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 12:33pm »

I interviewed at the PTO a couple of months ago, and have since called HR several times to check on my status.  My recent call informed that I am still on the "referral list".  

Can anyone explain to me who is reviewing this list, and is it just a matter of finding an appropriate art to place me?  

Basically, I would like to know what are the odds of being hired once you make it on this list.  It seems I have been on this list since a couple of weeks after I interviewed from what I have been told by HR when calling periodically.
IP Logged
ffwcs

« Reply #1204 on: Sep 4th, 2007, 12:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Kiger,

I live in the relative area, right south of Old Towne Alexandria.  To get there from Springfield on 495 is not bad at all.  although, drive a wee bit more on 495 in that direction, and you'll get stuck in Wilson Bridge Traffic.  

If you are coming from Annandale on 236, be ready to hit a lot of traffic lights.  And i mean a lot.  Alexandria is kinda its own alcove in fairfax county, and alexandria city is where old towne is (not a part of fairfax county, please don't ask  Wink ).  

coming from Falls church using highway 7 will be a pain.  As soon as you start getting to that side of fairfax, its going to take you a while to get in.  Just the way it is.  Traffic is pervasive in NoVA.  There is no escaping it, only mitigating it.  

I would recommend you live in the Alexandria area.  My area, Huntington, isn't great, but its ok, and is very nearby.  Its 2 stops on the yellow line, and you'll be there in 5 minutes on the metro. I say try to live near the metro, so you won't have ot worry about it.  near braddock road metro, there's a lot of affordable housing (relatively speaking for this area).  

HTH
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »