The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2019, 2:02am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 347152 times)
mk1023

Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #1130 on: Jul 15th, 2007, 8:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 15th, 2007, 1:23pm, mandejapan wrote:
I forgot to answer one of your questions.  For mail I think it was going to be mailed in regular US Mail because it was in a plain off white unmarked envelope.  

I got mine through next day Federal Express.
IP Logged
mandejapan

« Reply #1131 on: Jul 15th, 2007, 9:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I think normally they do send it by FEDEX because my friend received it by FEDEX too.  I also think it might be based on how quickly they need you to fill out your papwerwork depending on your PTA start date.  Federal government usually does use FEDEX for everything.  They do include a prepaid FEDEX envelope inside the Accession Package so that you can FEDEX back your fingerprint card at their expense.
IP Logged
apartment advice
« Reply #1132 on: Jul 16th, 2007, 1:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

iSee,

You should look at Foxchase apartments, they have a free shuttle to the metro next to the PTO, the ride is about 10-15 min.  Rent is reasonable, not sure how much 1 bed is but they offer a discount for PTO employees.
IP Logged
iSee
« Reply #1133 on: Jul 16th, 2007, 11:50pm »

on Jul 16th, 2007, 1:02pm, apartment advice wrote:
iSee,

You should look at Foxchase apartments, they have a free shuttle to the metro next to the PTO, the ride is about 10-15 min.  Rent is reasonable, not sure how much 1 bed is but they offer a discount for PTO employees.

I appreciate your suggestion on Foxchase.  

I did a search on Foxchase to see its reviews by its tenants. Foxchase has a 41% "Overall Rating". Lots of complaints by the tenants.

What do you guys think of the truthfulness of these reviews? Are they real? How else can we go by?
IP Logged
Mickey8675309
« Reply #1134 on: Jul 17th, 2007, 8:44pm »

I have two questions about the hiring process.

Many people said something about being interviewed at a job fair and that helped get the ball rolling.  The problem is that I am nowhere near a job fair.  I plan to apply through USAJobs, wait a few days, then start calling the supervisors for the units where I feel I'd be a good fit.  Is this the best way for someone on the other side of the country to go about it?

Also, I did not read anything about relocation expenses or being invited for a USPTO-sponsored interview.  For the people who live far away, is it possible to get a tentative job offer and then go to DC on my own dime for a combined interview/scouting trip?  That way I could meet my potential supervisor, look at apartments, etc., all at once.  How does it work?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »