The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2019, 5:12pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 342782 times)
ky
Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #1115 on: Jul 12th, 2007, 2:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

How long after submitting an application via USAjobs can I expect a reply from HR?  I submitted my app on 7/3 for EE PE.  Thanks.
IP Logged
iSee
« Reply #1116 on: Jul 12th, 2007, 5:19pm »

I'd like to find an apartment within walking distance (less than half a mile) from the DC Metro stations, such as the Pentagon, Crystal City, or Braddock. That way, if I start to work for USPTO, I will be able to completely use the Metro to go to work without any driving or parking headaches. Plus, USPTO will pay $110/month for transportation subsidy.

Can anyone suggest the names of apartments which are close to those 3 Metro stations I mentioned above?

Thank you for your kind assistance.
IP Logged
iSee
« Reply #1117 on: Jul 12th, 2007, 5:29pm »

I have another question related to the above:

Do the Metro stations have parking? How much is parking at these stations, and is it very hard to get a spot during the commute time, such as between 7 and 8 am?

Thanks again.
IP Logged
Anastasia Beeverhausen
« Reply #1118 on: Jul 12th, 2007, 6:50pm »

You shouldn't just consider apartments on the metro line.  Some apartments or other homes/townhouse rentals are on the Alexandria DASH bus routes.  I take the AT10 Dash bus from Reed Avenue to King Street Metro, where most of the DASH lines have a stop.  It's about a twenty minute commute to work and not nearly as crowded as the metro.  You can see the DASH bus route and schedules by searching "DASH Alexandria" in Google.
IP Logged
iSee
« Reply #1119 on: Jul 12th, 2007, 8:26pm »

on Jul 12th, 2007, 6:50pm, Beeverhausen wrote:
You shouldn't just consider apartments on the metro line.  Some apartments or other homes/townhouse rentals are on the Alexandria DASH bus routes.  I take the AT10 Dash bus from Reed Avenue to King Street Metro, where most of the DASH lines have a stop.  It's about a twenty minute commute to work and not nearly as crowded as the metro.  You can see the DASH bus route and schedules by searching "DASH Alexandria" in Google.

Anastasia,

Thanks for the info. Are you working at USPTO?

If so, do you know if the Transportation Subsidy (don't know the exact term) will cover parking at Metro or bus stations?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »