The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 22nd, 2019, 11:57pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 342854 times)
mandejapan

Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #1065 on: Jun 28th, 2007, 7:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

guest11,

The answer to your question is, "no."  You do not need to take the patent bar to apply for a PE position at the USPTO.  More details on the requirements and qualifications for a PE position can be found here:

http://usptocareers.gov/home.asp

http://usptocareers.gov/jobsearch.asp
IP Logged
CYKJ
« Reply #1066 on: Jun 29th, 2007, 2:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I applied on USAJOBS/ApplicationManager on 4/2/07. After an interview at the job fair (6/16) and checking back with the SPE who interviewed me today, I finally received an email from the SPE telling me to fax in the OF form and the PIV certificate.  

So from this point on what else is left and how long will I have to be waiting? (The SPE was quick to point out that this wasn't an offer at all yet). At the time of the interview the SPE said that I may even be hired for the 7/10 date but unless some miraculous chain of events occur, I doubt I'd even get a firm offer by then.  

IP Logged
applied
« Reply #1067 on: Jun 29th, 2007, 6:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jun 29th, 2007, 2:36pm, CYKJ wrote:
I applied on USAJOBS/ApplicationManager on 4/2/07. After an interview at the job fair (6/16) and checking back with the SPE who interviewed me today, I finally received an email from the SPE telling me to fax in the OF form and the PIV certificate.  

So from this point on what else is left and how long will I have to be waiting? (The SPE was quick to point out that this wasn't an offer at all yet). At the time of the interview the SPE said that I may even be hired for the 7/10 date but unless some miraculous chain of events occur, I doubt I'd even get a firm offer by then.  

That email should have given you an idea of what's going to happen next.

After the director of your TC authorizes and approves, you'll will be recommended for hire and your paperwork will be sent to the human resources office for the critical processing: give you a verbal and written firm offer. That's if everything go well.
IP Logged
mandejapan

« Reply #1068 on: Jun 29th, 2007, 8:28pm »

Just wondering...has anyone's application packet every made it to the Human Resources Office, and then they didn't get the offer?  What kinds of things would prevent the Human Resources Office from approving the application and presenting the written/verbal offer to the applicant?  It seems that if a SPE wants to hire someone, and the TC director approves it, the applicant should get hired, as long as there is nothing crazy in the applicant's history...as if it's all just a formality?
IP Logged
bobloblaw

« Reply #1069 on: Jun 30th, 2007, 3:00pm »

I just filled out one of the online questionaires that the PTO makes everyone who is applying for a job fill out.  Anybody have any comments or words about it?  I want to know if I am already pre-empted from being an examiner because of my personality.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »