The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2019, 2:04am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 346725 times)
applied
Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #1045 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 9:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

2Btabby, mandejapan, gh, mk1023, etc:

Thank you for providing me with valuable info. I do feel slightly sure now. But, I still have to see the written offer before I can rejoice.

This is a great forum !
IP Logged
applied
« Reply #1046 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 11:58pm »

on Jun 21st, 2007, 7:22pm, 2Btabby wrote:
mande and applied:

If you two have any questions about my first 4 weeks at the PTA, I'd be happy to answer them.

2Btabby,

Yes, I have a question about the PTA:

During training, is it possible at all to take a few days off (say up to a week) for a overseas travel? Does a new employee have any vacation days?  

Do you or your co-worker happen to know how much an impact this can be to one's work performance later on ?

Thanks!

IP Logged
bond007

« Reply #1047 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 2:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

yes, it is possible to get days off during the training academy. i would suggest to ask the hiring manager right away and give them a heads up and request time off before you start, so they will be ready for that. Once you start working and are on training, it will be extremely to get time off then as they won't really like it. but if you let them know in advance before you start work/training, they would appreciate that. I had a friend in our training academy who had requested 3 weeks off when he was hired over the phone. He let them know in advance before starting the job. Goodluck!
IP Logged
mandejapan

« Reply #1048 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 8:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi 'Applied'...their new process now for the SF-85 is to do it online now too so I think it's processed quicker.  A friend of mine that started working there in April 16 received an email on March 12 saying the following:

----------------------------
Dear Selectees:  

Your information has been entered into E-QIP (Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing).  You have been "invited" to access the system and complete your SF-85P on-line.  

As of 03/12/2007, you have not loged in to start the process, it is very important that the process be initiated as soon as possible, and within 5 business days from your entrance on duty date.  Please go to  www.opm.gov/e-qip <file://www.opm.gov/e-qip>  to initiate the process at the "Enter E-QIP Applicant Site".  Once you have completed the SF-85P, please print out the signature pages, sign and date.  You must bring the original forms with you when you report to duty on March 19, 2007.   Successfully completing a background investigation and maintaining the required suitability is a condition of federal employment.  
----------------------------
IP Logged
applied
« Reply #1049 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 6:41pm »

Thanks, mandejapan. Good piece of info.  

Am I the only one here on this forum surprised to find that the USPTO lets people to start working BEFORE their background had been checked out and cleared?  I know some of you said that nobody ever gets denied on their BI, but still, it is kind of "horse before the carrot" kind of thing to me.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »