The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 2nd, 2023, 8:58am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Newly Minted Patent Agent w/ ?'s
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Newly Minted Patent Agent w/ ?'s  (Read 3947 times)
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

Re: Newly Minted Patent Agent w/ ?'s
« Reply #10 on: May 21st, 2004, 10:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Within a few months of getting my copy of Landis from PLI (I took their bar prep course -- yes, I know, it's not a "bar" exam but it's easier to write/say and you known what I mean), I lent Landis to a summer associate who couldn't find it once she failed to get an offer from the firm.  Since then, I haven't been able to find it.  Does PLI sell them?  I'll have to check it out.  I've been flying with a net (drafting without Landis) since 1992!

Thanks.
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

« Reply #11 on: May 22nd, 2004, 7:00am »

Thanks.  A few years back, I did exactly that.  Only 1 used version was listed.  I was not successful contacting the seller.

Thanks for the information though.

Motivated by this conversation, I went directly to PLI's site looking for it.  Nada....

Regards.
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
eric stasik

director, patent08

WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: May 22nd, 2004, 10:55am »

Mr. Ivey,

I have a copy of Landis... somewhere.. I didn't see it on my shelf so it must be in one of my boxes full of books.  

I'd be happy to send it to you. I don't do too much claim drafting in my practice and there is nothing worse than a good book going unused. I certainly haven't opened it in quite some time (as my ignorant answer in another thread about claim multiplicity made clear!)  

Please contact me privately through my website and send my your mailing address. I'm pretty sure I have it here, but I've got stuff on three continents so there's no guarantee.  

Kind Regards,

Eric Stasik
IP Logged

eric stasik
director

http://www.patent08.com

patent08
patent engineering,
business development,
and licensing services
postbox 24203
104 51 stockholm
sweden
Jeff Travis
« Reply #13 on: May 24th, 2004, 4:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If this does not work out www.pli.edu does have these available. (Albeit at an incredibly marked up price)  From their main site go to Books - View All Treatises and there will be a list of them.  I have refused so far to buy them there and did as the previous post mentione - used at Amazon.com and got lucky one day.

Regards,

-Jeff
IP Logged
rrroseen

« Reply #14 on: May 25th, 2004, 5:47am »

on May 20th, 2004, 12:56am, m wrote:
Yes, thank you for the explanation.  

Interestingly, in the UK, in recent litigation, the judge explictly discounted the whole notion of referring to prosecution history by stating that it would add too much complexity to claim interpretation, and a patent should be taken for what it is at face value without the need to refer to other documents. I think this was a fantastic way to keep the system fairly balanced.

I am sorry if this starts a different thread, but a decision like this taken seriously in this country seems like it would change alot in US courts.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »