Title: pat pending
Post by normbac on Aug 19th, 2004, 11:27am
then the patent pending:
1. A flat panel computer display apparatus comprising: An enclosure housing said display apparatus; A display screen; Hardware to support the operation of said display screen; An operating system to support thin client functionality; Hardware to support said functionality.
2. The apparatus of claim 1 further comprising an integral input mechanism.
3. The apparatus of claim 1 further comprising wireless communication functionality in said enclosure.
4. A flat panel or similar display device comprising: An enclosure; Means for displaying computer output signals; Means for performing thin client applications; Means for communicating any information obtained during thin client operation to a fat client computer; Input or activation means integral to said display.
5. The device of claim 4 wherein said means for displaying computer output signals comprises an integral display screen.
6. The device of claim 4 wherein said means for communicating information is a wireless communication protocol and transceiver.
7. The device of claim 4 wherein said means for communicating information is a physical connector which joins said display to said fat client computer.
8. An apparatus for displaying computer video signals and for thin client PDA-type functions, the apparatus comprising: Means for displaying computer video signals; Means for communicating with a computer; Means for performing PDA-type functions including an operating system and hardware; Means for activation and control.
9. A method for displaying computr video output and performing thin client PDA-type functions, the method comprising: Displaying computer video signals on a flat panel type display enclosure when connected to or in communication with a computer; Performing thin client PDA-type functions with said display enclosure when disconnected from said computer.
10. The method of claim 9 wherein said display enclosure contains hardware to facilitate display functionality.
11. The method of claim 9 wherein said display enclosure contains hardware to facilitate thin client functionality.
12. The method of claim 9 wherein said display enclosure contains integral activation and control means for controlling an operating system to support said thin client functionality.
13. The method of claim 9 wherein said display enclosure contains communication means for communicating with said computer.
14. A computer display comprising in combination a display apparatus having a display screen, means to remove and attach said display apparatus to and from a structure, said display apparatus having hardware to support thin client functionality in addition to means to support operation of said display screen as a display for output of said structure in a normal mode, wherein said structure is a computer.
Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.2!
Forum software copyright © 2000-2004 Yet another Bulletin Board