The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 24th, 2019, 5:09am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Help... i have an idea...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Help... i have an idea...  (Read 3081 times)
brendanmutton

Help... i have an idea...
« on: Dec 5th, 2007, 11:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am 17 years old from the UK and i have an idea of a product. It is a step further of a product that currently made but im not expecting to make big bucks from it.

I have designs in my head but not any on PC yet. Basically i am happy with selling or making a contract with a manufacture to make the products, they can sell the product as their name but i get some sort of comission.

It would be nice if i could get the product made by a factory so i can sell it myself as my own company but being 17 with college and so on i don't have the time.

I hope i have come to the right place, im looking for some guidence of where to go, who to talk to, people that can help my get my idea investigated and hopefully created.

Thank you.
IP Logged
brendanmutton

Re: Help... i have an idea...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 8th, 2007, 8:57am »

I know i am very young but i think we all need to start somewhere it really would be nice if i could get some help here... thank you
IP Logged
TataBoxInhibitor

« Reply #2 on: Dec 8th, 2007, 12:12pm »

I guess the first step, IMO, is to make sure the invention is more than a mere concept and 'reduce it to practice."  If you need an engineer or software engineer to reduce your invention to practice, make sure you have the proper agreements in place, so your invention remains "hidden."

Maybe before the step above, I would search all prior publications, patents, other references, to make sure what I am doing is actually new, so as to not waste any money or time.

Regards,

IP Logged
brendanmutton

« Reply #3 on: Dec 9th, 2007, 3:58am »

Thanks for the kind reply.

Yesturday i found nearly all the components i need to make it. Well i mean so i can make a trail product myself to put together and see were it goes.

Well i have searched the product many of times on google ebay and so on.

There is a similar lower version of what im planning on making but its the fact mine has alot more in it and in my eyes a much better construction.

im trying to think of an example without giving my idea.

I have contacted a few manufactures in china if the will allow me to buy some trail products from them to help design my first run of the product.

Is anyone one here or know of anyone who can guide me fully through all i need to do, such as searching if the product exists and the next stages. I know im young and i have alot to learn in this area.
IP Logged
TataBoxInhibitor

« Reply #4 on: Dec 9th, 2007, 10:53am »

Yes.  Do not disclose any pertinent info in an open forum.  You really must search patent databases, whether the USPTO, EPO or WIPO, to get an idea of where your art is.

There are search companies out there who do this kind of thing.  I cannot recommend any, the ones I have received search report from have been inadequate.  There may be others here who will respond otherwise.

Regards,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »