The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 21st, 2019, 7:55am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Is this common??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Is this common??  (Read 3253 times)
dial100

Is this common??
« on: Oct 12th, 2007, 1:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have an idea, quite an idea actually. I am techie guy so I could google to see if anyone around even thinking of doing that. Didn't see anything.  

1. So great idea but no money for Patent.
2. Excited but scared to share with someone
3. I want to go ahead with the Idea but i am not a self leader.

Looking at the market it will flourish in millions if someone really gets going with it.

I wanted to know from newbies, is this a common feeling. Really do not know which direction to go.  

If there are any investors out there, then I can share the idea and get it patented with their money. They can get a big share. I am positive because however small share I get, its going to be in mils..

Question for Forumers is, how should I go about it? I have no money, rather I am completely bogged down with financial responsibilities which by itself I am handling fine but cannot spending 5-6 grands for Patent. Sharing with unknown person is as scary has tossing your valuables on the streets, and keeping it secrete meaning losing its value...
IP Logged
pentazole

Re: Is this common??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 1:53pm »

Believe it or not, many people come up with these multimillion dollar ideas all the time.  I came up with two this week.  Your best bet is to search around for either pro bono or other volunteer IP practitioners for advice.  Have a non-disclosure agreement prepared (you can find templates on the web, or ask whomever you are consulting with if they can provide one).  Also, several states and universities run some kind of intellectual property clinic to get people in your situation started.  I wish I could give you any links but I don't have any.  Look around though, they're out there.  What state?
IP Logged
dial100

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 2:02pm »

You may be right. It is just one of those Ideas..

ok.. thanks.
IP Logged
dial100

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 2:13pm »

Oh by the way, it is more like a one Design Patent idea and 2-3 Utility (Products) patent ideas.

This is not like making a burger, poker game, another ecommerce site or something. This is going to be a serious product.
IP Logged
pentazole

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 2:14pm »

I wasn't trying to discourage you, I was just using a bit of humor.  If you think your idea is worthy, you should really get a professional opinion regarding its patentability.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »