The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 20th, 2020, 2:08pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   How to go about getting investors
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How to go about getting investors  (Read 509 times)
DerekC

How to go about getting investors
« on: Oct 8th, 2007, 3:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi.  I inquired before about selling my patent.  I've decided not to.  What I'd like to know, if someone can steer me in the right direction, is how can I get an investor to help?

I don't have a lot of extra time on my hands to put together a presentation for an investor.  I was hoping more along the lines of letting an investor read online what my patent is and make their decision on whether it's a possible money making venture.  

Of course I think it is, but that's not the point.  Nobody wants to lose money.  Right now I'm looking into companies that will do everything for me (find a manufacture, trade shows, etc..... )  I've found out that some of these companies are bunk and probably just want your money.   It will cost me more royalties, but royalties are about the only thing I can offer right now.  Are there investors out there that would look at a patent that has already been awarded and make a decision to invest the money it takes to move this thing forward?  Not many probably.  Any info would help thanks.

Derek
IP Logged
oemind1

Re: How to go about getting investors
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13th, 2007, 10:24am »

I would be interested in looking at you product and see if I think it has potential. I can get it manufactured with no cost out of your pocket. We would have to find someone to handle sales and marketing. If your interested, let me know and I'll take a look at it and see if I would be interested.
IP Logged
CriterionD

WWW Email

Re: How to go about getting investors
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13th, 2007, 11:44am »

Derek,

Please realize that inventors in your shoes come a dime a dozen.  There is no easy answer.  Most investors won't just give their money out to anyone.  

Do you have a business plan or something to the extent?  That would be a good start.  Don't have a lot of time on your hands to put together a preseantation?  If I'm an investor, you don't seem to be extremely committed to your venture which you expect me to support with my hard earned money (or in some cases - someone else's hard earned money, but still).

Its never easy, but you can often find workable answers if you really want to.  By the way, you don't want to simply throw yourself out there so an investor can determine whether he/she thinks you have a money making venture - you want to do what you can to show an investor that you do have a money making venture.  

IP Logged

www.criteriondynamics.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »