The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 28th, 2020, 2:16am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   How can I find a partner to help me?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How can I find a partner to help me?  (Read 519 times)
Marion
How can I find a partner to help me?
« on: Oct 7th, 2007, 8:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have several ideas that I know would sell.  I don't want to do this alone since I don't have the expertise in bringing something to market.  I think this is what is stopping me from going forward with these ideas.

Before  I get a patent, I'd like to find a "partner" who has the experience I don't have.  How would I go about finding this person and is this even recommended?  

What documents must be signed be each party so that my ideas are not stolen?
IP Logged
MattB

mbycer   MBycer
Email

Re: How can I find a partner to help me?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 8th, 2007, 11:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Often a good and close patent attorney can be such a guiding friend.  If you personally know a patent attorney or can get to know another who has had experience and success in your field, they can probably be of much help.

Although it is advisable to sign an NDA, think business and relationships.

Good luck

MattB
IP Logged

Matthew L. Bycer
Registered Patent Attorney
http://www.bycer.com
http://www.cvglaw.com
Marion
« Reply #2 on: Oct 8th, 2007, 8:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thank you for your response.  I am not looking to hire someone or find out how to do this from someone.  Rather, I believe I have a talent of coming up with new products or improvements on existing products.  

I'd like to partner with someone who doesn't have this talent but does know how to bring products to market.

How would I go about finding such a person?
IP Logged
oemind1

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13th, 2007, 10:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I believe you actually need a couple people. I'm working with an inventor right on 2 of his idea's. What we did was put together a team of 3. The inventor obviously has the idea and handles all technical things, I handle the manufacturing and then we have a salesman who handles marketing and sales. We have a simple agreement that all proceeds are split 3 ways after expenses.

If all you have is an idea and you other people to do everything else, you are more in line to get a royalty, normally ranging from 2-5% of gross sales.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »