The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 31st, 2023, 10:52pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   new product
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new product  (Read 586 times)
mandy

new product
« on: Jun 20th, 2007, 5:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have found a new use fora very common product that would  greatly reduce or eliminate a health issue for millions of people. My question sis, after getting this product patented, would it be best to go to the manufactuere of the product or proceed to a medical manufacturer to produce and market the product. (the company is international
IP Logged
CriterionD

WWW Email

Re: new product
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20th, 2007, 2:41pm »

Which manufacturer should you go to?  Depends on a number of factors, which manufacturer has more to gain?  Which manufacturer has the most to lose?  Would you be better off manufacturing yourself? etcetera

You also need to figure out exactly what you are patenting, and the best way to protect it within what is possible.  It doesn't sound like the product is patentable here (in fact the current "manufacturer" may hold the patent), but assuming something is patentable, it is likely a new and novel method of using this product, and/or even perhaps a new and novel way of marketing the product.

IP Logged

www.criteriondynamics.com
mandy

Re: new product
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 6:33am »

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. After much thought, I beleive contacting the manufacturer of the exsisting product, the best route to go. They certainly would have a great financial gain with the new use of their product ( with a little tweeking) and the insurance companies would love it as well. Should I be armed with a disclaimer. I have also noticed on Johnson& Johnson's web, a section to submit new ideas, is this risky?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »