The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2019, 1:53am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   what is the cheapest avenue for a patent?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: what is the cheapest avenue for a patent?  (Read 12661 times)
Bill Richards

WWW Email

Re: what is the cheapest avenue for a patent?
« Reply #30 on: Sep 1st, 2007, 8:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OK, why are we even having this "swearing" contest?  I'm a businessman and can price my services just about anyway I want.  If one wants, and values my services, at the prices I charge, they're welcome to hire me.  If they don't, they are welcome to go elsewhere or do it themselves.  No skin off my nose.  I can, and do, in so many words, tell some potential clients they can't afford my services.  I'm pretty honest up front what the costs are before they've spent a dime.  Many just decide on another course.  No problem.  I'm tired of people demeaning what we do.  Apparently, there are some who believe we add no value.  So be it.
Vive le pro se!
IP Logged

William B. Richards, P.E.
The Richards Law Firm
Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights
614/939-1488
Neighbor
« Reply #31 on: Sep 5th, 2007, 11:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If you have an idea for a patent, the best way to go about filing for a patent application is through a patent attorney.  While this may be the easiest way, it is an expensive way.  The patent office allows an inventor to represent him/herself and file/prosecute the patent application.  There are resources available for one to find more about the patenting process, the first of which is, conducting a rudimentary (and i mean rudimentary) search yourself using public search tools.  Find out more at e-formationcentral.  add the three Ws and dot com after the word to get there.
IP Logged
Wiscagent

« Reply #32 on: Sep 6th, 2007, 9:03am »

"... the best way to go about filing for a patent application is through a patent attorney."

Howdy Neighbor!

Why a patent attorney rather than another registered patent practitioner, i.e. a patent agent?
IP Logged

Richard Tanzer
Patent Agent
Bill Richards

WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 5:41pm »

on Sep 5th, 2007, 11:50pm, Neighbor wrote:
Find out more at e-formationcentral.

Oh, my, does "Neighbor" get around!  Let's see, "Friendly Neighbor", "PE", and now this.  Would you misrepresent yourself like this before a tribunal?  Not if you're an attorney, you'd wind up in contempt.  How about clearing things up rather than just trying to be a shill?
IP Logged

William B. Richards, P.E.
The Richards Law Firm
Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights
614/939-1488
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

« Reply #34 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 6:25pm »

I share Bill's suspicion re Friendly Neighbor PE.  However, I'd just point out that it seems that Neighbor, Friendly Neighbor and PE are the same poster -- leaving it up to the reader to determine for her/himself, and I'd repeat an often-mentioned recommendation to do one's homework prior to giving any invention submission/protection/etc. firm money.  I forget which is the most often recommended site for checking up on various companies.  I found this one:
http://inventors.about.com/od/avoidingscams/Invention_Company_Fraud.htm
[TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/2d27xm]

Remember, the audience here is the IP community at large and googlers way after the fact.  

Regards.
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »