The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 31st, 2023, 11:44pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Publicity
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Publicity  (Read 1687 times)
Jp

Email

Publicity
« on: May 14th, 2007, 9:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello Everyone !

Its been a while, and I'm not sure how diligent I've been finding an answer but I'd like to ask a question concerning technology or inventive conception.

Can anyone tell me what constitutes publicity and is it a form of protection for IP ?

JP
IP Logged

The Owner Of An Invention Usually Is The Inventor.
Jp

Email

Re: Publicity
« Reply #1 on: May 15th, 2007, 9:03am »

O.K. Here's my story, . . .

After the Shooting Incident at V-Tech, and for sometime before this, (911), . .I have had an interest in Emergency Responce, etc.

I was talking with some Computer tech people via the internet and posted an inventive concept, it is viewable and remains on a forum post, . .basically providing the general concept and some details, for a system that provides a possible solution or improvement in E.R. communications.

Do I have rights as an inventor if in fact the process or technology is patentable ?

Jp

IP Logged

JimIvey

jamesdivey  

« Reply #2 on: May 15th, 2007, 9:14am »

I think a persistent forum post, especially if "indexed" (i.e., one can find it fair easily -- especially if it shows up on Google), qualifies as a printed publication.

If you're hoping for rights outside the US (and Canada and Argentina), you're probably out of luck.  Even for the US (and Canada and Argentina), you have a chance for patent rights only if the forum post was made less than a year before your filing date.  If the post was made over a year ago, I can't think of a way that you can legitimately get patent rights.

Regards.
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
Jp

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 15th, 2007, 9:48am »

Hey Jim,

Thank you, much.

Jp
IP Logged

Jp

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 16th, 2007, 5:17pm »

Jim,
This is a responce to yesterdays IP Forum post;

Will appreciate it if you would look into this (reply below quote), . . is that true ?

I was talking with some Computer tech people via the internet and posted an inventive concept, it is viewable and remains on a forum post, . .basically providing the general concept and some details, for a system that provides a possible solution or improvement in E.R. communications.

Reply;

At this point since you have posted the idea both there and here you now have no protection over your idea...someone can do exactly what you proposed for profit and there's nothing you could do about it...

Jp
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »