The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 23rd, 2020, 1:57am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   No foreign filing license granted?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: No foreign filing license granted?  (Read 519 times)
proseic
No foreign filing license granted?
« on: May 10th, 2007, 11:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi all, sorry, still hoping to find out about this,

I filed a provisional app a few months ago.  The filing receipt I got back doesn't list any foreign filing license (FFL) information.  I assume it has been denied because of the subject matter of the provisional (firearm related, falls under ITAR).

My nonprovisional is almost ready to file.  I need to file in Canada as well as the USA.  The waiting period before filing elsewhere if no FFL is granted, as I understand it, is six months.

Does this six month period begin from the filing date of the PPA, or do I have to file the nonprovisional in the USA and then wait an additional six months?

If the wait is for six month after filing the nonprovisional, and if the nonprovisional isn't ready until six months after filing the provisional, is my only recourse (for purposes of claiming the benefit of the provisional in my foreign filing) to petition for a FFL?

If I add a small amount of additional disclosure to the nonprovisional, all of which consists of very minor improvements to the existing matter (mostly for defensive purposes but it's possible I might add a few dependent claims based on this), does this make a difference?  (From my reading of the rules, as long as the new disclosure is not significant, it's ok.)

Thanks!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »