The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 24th, 2019, 10:45pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Q about documents sent to DDP almost two years ago
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Q about documents sent to DDP almost two years ago  (Read 608 times)
xcgames
Q about documents sent to DDP almost two years ago
« on: Feb 2nd, 2007, 1:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I sent a package to USPTO's Disclosure Document Program almost two years ago (June 2007 will be exactly 2 years).  

I have not had enough time to complete the entire patent application, and I was wondering if I send in the patent application after June 2007, does my patent becomes the property of the public domain? Do I lose the ability to patent the invention disclosed in the DDP program?
IP Logged
Isaac

Re: Q about documents sent to DDP almost two years
« Reply #1 on: Feb 2nd, 2007, 1:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Feb 2nd, 2007, 1:24pm, xcgames wrote:
I sent a package to USPTO's Disclosure Document Program almost two years ago (June 2007 will be exactly 2 years).  

I have not had enough time to complete the entire patent application, and I was wondering if I send in the patent application after June 2007, does my patent becomes the property of the public domain? Do I lose the ability to patent the invention disclosed in the DDP program?

No.   The document disclosure stuff is maintained confidentially unless you attempt to use it to establish an invention date.   There is no legal consequence for abandoning your document disclosure.   There may or may not be consequences for not pursuing your invention, but those consequence or unrelated to the DDP.

Incidentally, the USPTO is doing away with the DDP program.  In fact, unless my aging memory is failing, they stopped taking submitals yesterday.

« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2007, 1:51pm by Isaac » IP Logged

Isaac
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »