The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 24th, 2019, 11:30pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Food related question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Food related question  (Read 479 times)
dreeves

Food related question
« on: Jan 22nd, 2007, 11:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,

I just ran across this forum today. I'm hoping someone will give me some advice.

I formulated a gormet fudge recipe (took me 5 yrs) and I'd like to sell it as a "Gorment Fudge Mix" like a cake mix or brownie mix.  

My recipes aren't normal fudge recipes. They are fun flavors like: Key Lime, Pineapple, Cherry Burst, etc... The secret ingredients aren't normal "fudge" ingredients either, but ingredients anyone would ever think of.  

I did test the flavors at a Saturday Market for 3 months. Everyone loved the creamy texture and unusual flavors. I was asked to sell the finished product to their shops and stores, but I don't want to do that. I just wanted to see if anyone else would like the unusual flavors.  

I'd love to sell my secret recipes to companies who make cake mixes: Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, etc...

I did contact InventionHome.com. Has anyone here heard of them?  I so new to all of this; I feel really stupid. LOL~

What should I do first? I'm hoping to find a patent attorney (?) who will work on a percentage basis. Is that possible?

I'm sorry for so many questions, but I've never done anything like this before.

Thanks for any help given.

IP Logged
JSonnabend

Email

Re: Food related question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30th, 2007, 4:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Most patent attorneys won't take application cases on contingency because, well, there are too many contingencies.  Something like 90% of all patents issued never make dime one, so it's a poor bet for a patent attorney.

My advice would be to formulate a detailed business plan and move forward accordingly.  It may be that patent protection is part of the plan (assuming you can obtain a patent of any worth), or you may build a business without one.  

As a first step on the patent exploration side, you might hire a patent attorney to do a search for you.  If the search looks promising, you can plan your next steps.  Remember that the clock might be ticking, so to speak, so act expeditiously in this regard.

- Jeff
IP Logged

SonnabendLaw
Intellectual Property and Technology Law
Brooklyn, USA
718-832-8810
JSonnabend@SonnabendLaw.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »