The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 24th, 2020, 10:36pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Is there a standard "oath" form?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Is there a standard "oath" form?  (Read 482 times)
tryingtofile
Is there a standard "oath" form?
« on: Jul 31st, 2006, 4:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm trying to file an application pro se, and am looking for the standard "oath" form.  USPTO dot gov has a bunch of "Declaration" forms, but I got the impression from the MPEP that filing with an "oath" is preferred.

The only form at USPTO dot gov which says "oath" on it looks like one that an agent would sign before being admitted to the patent bar.  (With luck I'll be signing one of those myself in a few months.)

I'd put in the links to the forms, but the server here won't allow it.  The "Declaration" is under "sb0001 dot pdf" and the not-the-right-oath form is "sb1029 dot pdf".
IP Logged
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

Re: Is there a standard "oath" form?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31st, 2006, 5:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

In 15 years of practice, I've never filed an "oath" -- always a "declaration".  It's perfectly okay.  

As for the links, this forum has been having serious difficulty with spam postings.  If you get a user-id and post several times, you'll be allowing to include links.

Regards.
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
tryingtofile
Re: Is there a standard "oath" form?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31st, 2006, 5:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks, Jim.  Guess I'll file the declaration form, then.  The first filing is always the hardest.  Shocked

Yep, I saw that about the links.  I understand the problem, glad they're doing something about it, although IMHO the implementation could be better.  I've offered some assistance in that regard if they'd like.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »