The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 23rd, 2020, 2:08am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   lawyer vs. govt. in patents
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: lawyer vs. govt. in patents  (Read 1725 times)
Bill Richards

WWW Email

Re: lawyer vs. govt. in patents
« Reply #15 on: Jul 26th, 2006, 9:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So that we do have at least some common ground, I agree 100 percent with Isaac:  "Bill, how would you respond an apprehensive inventor who came into your office with questions like those asked by the original poster?    I've occasionally had first time inventors ask me questions designed to probe issues of trust."  I guess it just depends upon the delivery and the context.  One of the pitfalls of e-mail communication.   Smiley
IP Logged

William B. Richards, P.E.
The Richards Law Firm
Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights
614/939-1488
S

Re: lawyer vs. govt. in patents
« Reply #16 on: Jul 26th, 2006, 12:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i want accusing all lawyers doing this, nor was i accusing mine, i just thought it maybe it happens.

anyways, i know a search is never "complete."  i just found a product that is similar to mine, different style and different function, but it is somewhat similar i think.  and i didnt see a patent number or pending, i did however see a "PE." dont know what the means though.  i am planning on building a prototype first and perfecting it before i continue with a search, because my drawings are rough and not exactly what i want.  that way, the lawyer can have a product to base his search on, making it more reliable and exact. he has a fixed fee for a search, he charges for an opinion, but a fixed fee for an in-depth search.  

again, does anyone know what "PE" means when it is the only thing written on a product?  

oh and my lawyer has been in the field for 5 years.  

not that it matters, i changed my name to S.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2006, 12:26pm by S » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »