The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 30th, 2020, 3:01pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   New Wireless patent. Need partner/investor
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Wireless patent. Need partner/investor  (Read 443 times)
DP
New Wireless patent. Need partner/investor
« on: Jun 3rd, 2006, 9:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have just recieved my patent number that will issue 6-13-06. The patent was done right with the assistance of a highy experiened patent attorney. The patent is for an interactive wireless device and data from the internet. My patent was filed way in advance of the market. This would include any wirless device capable of push or pull info from the web or a real time data feed. Needless to say, my atty and I think there are several hundred infringers. We are not greedy nor or we some crazy inventor with stars in our eyes. We are however not stupid and have done this the right way. We are seeking an investor/partner to proceed with infringement enforcement. We have been offered a deal with a company that will take action on infringers but that would require us to assign the patent to them in exchange for 40%. We think this to be a bad idea and would prefer to proceed carefully with the proper funds. Send me an e-mail and I will provide more details.
IP Logged
RMissimer

Email

Re: New Wireless patent. Need partner/investor
« Reply #1 on: Jun 4th, 2006, 9:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I tend to agree with you there.  The problem with assigning a right is that you no longer have the ability to enforce the patent without the assignee.

All parties need to be in the caption of any suit,  so if they decide to give you a hard time,  then you might not be able to enforce the patent.  That would also be true if any of the inventors are not so cooperative.

Sounds dangerous to me.
IP Logged

RS Missimer
Patents Penned, Inc.
PO Box 486
Butler, WI 53007-0486
(262) 565-8200
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »