The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 20th, 2020, 10:31am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Business method patent lawyer
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Business method patent lawyer  (Read 1610 times)
GRS Research

Re: Business method patent lawyer
« Reply #5 on: May 19th, 2006, 10:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I did not mean to slight the Golden State...I was born there...some of my best friends live in CA.  It's just that I personally know and have worked with some great attorneys and firms here in NY and CT...big on BMP, financial services, e-commerce, etc.

If it has to be a firm in NJ, I might suggest a few attorneys at Lowenstein & Sandler.  For Calif, there are a few attorneys in LA and Silicon Valley that I have woked with, just not to the extent of my East Coast Posse.  

Email me for more info.

IP Logged

Norm Gilman
Gilman Research Services, LLC
www.gilmanresearch.com
Prior_searcher-IND

« Reply #6 on: May 24th, 2006, 5:58am »

Hi Reenena
 please do prior art if you have not done till now. Business methods are difficult to patent as per my exp.  

IP Logged
Richard Missimer
« Reply #7 on: Jun 1st, 2006, 7:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Reenaa,
I am not located in the NJ area, but Patent Agents can work from anywhere.  I would be willing to look at what you want to patent.  My site is www.PatentsPenned.com .  Feel free to contact me.

Richard Missimer
  Reg Number #45,537
IP Logged
Wiscagent

« Reply #8 on: Jun 1st, 2006, 8:19pm »

One way to find a patent agent or attorney to draft your case is to do a prior art search and identify patents and applications with subject matter in the same general field as your invention.  From those patents and applications select those which seem well written to you.  If you want to, you can even look up the file histories on the USPTO web site and see how the attorney or agent responded to office actions.  Then call the patent practioners (phone numbers are available on the USPTO web site) and talk to them about your case.
IP Logged

Richard Tanzer
Patent Agent
RMissimer

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 1st, 2006, 9:34pm »

That is an interesting approach, but I bet it might be a little hard to get an attorney that is already associated with a competitor in the same industry to take on your patent.  There is still the issue of conflict of interest.  If they are getting continued business from a established business,  it might be hard to get them to commit.

Certainly is worth a try though, especially since you would determine same in the process of doing your search.
IP Logged

RS Missimer
Patents Penned, Inc.
PO Box 486
Butler, WI 53007-0486
(262) 565-8200
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »