The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 24th, 2020, 10:05pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Improvement of sales of existing product
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Improvement of sales of existing product  (Read 783 times)
John O'donnell
Improvement of sales of existing product
« on: Feb 19th, 2006, 11:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If I made public something I knew that would drastically improve the sales of someone else's product, would I be entitled to any of the sales? Thanks in advance.
IP Logged
CriterionD

WWW Email

Re: Improvement of sales of existing product
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20th, 2006, 5:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Feb 19th, 2006, 11:38am, John O'donnell wrote:
If I made public something I knew that would drastically improve the sales of someone else's product, would I be entitled to any of the sales? Thanks in advance.

would you be improving the product itself?  Or merely suggesting a better way to market it?

If you were merely suggesting a better way to market it, it could hypothetically be possible to obtain a business method patent to protect this, but that patent could hypothetically be very hard to enforce.

IP Logged

www.criteriondynamics.com
John O'donnell
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20th, 2006, 7:39pm »

Thanks CriterionD.  I appreciate your reply.  I would not be altering the product itself.  I would just be suggesting a better way to market it.  Thanks again.
IP Logged
EO
« Reply #3 on: Mar 24th, 2006, 9:10pm »

I have a similar idea.  I want to use NFL, MLB, Nascar and just about every sports logo out there.  My idea is to basically take a product that is currently being sold and have these logos placed on the product and sell the products. I know these products would sell, but which  is the best way to proceed?  Do I talk to the Corporations that are currently building these products or to whom?  How do I keep them from stealing my idea?  Is there a way the NFL, etc would be willing to allow me to use their logos without paying all the upfront fees?  I would want to do this without any capital?
IP Logged
not EO
« Reply #4 on: Jun 1st, 2006, 5:07pm »

on Mar 24th, 2006, 9:10pm, EO wrote:
I have a similar idea.  I want to use NFL, MLB, Nascar and just about every sports logo out there.  My idea is to basically take a product that is currently being sold and have these logos placed on the product and sell the products. I know these products would sell, but which  is the best way to proceed?  Do I talk to the Corporations that are currently building these products or to whom?  How do I keep them from stealing my idea?  Is there a way the NFL, etc would be willing to allow me to use their logos without paying all the upfront fees?  I would want to do this without any capital?
hahahaha

If it was that easy, it would already be done by someone else.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »