The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 27th, 2020, 11:27pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   need direction finding the right patent attorney
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: need direction finding the right patent attorney  (Read 516 times)
christos3000

need direction finding the right patent attorney
« on: Sep 25th, 2005, 12:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am ready to begin the process of getting a patent for my invention.  I have already had a local patent attorney do a patent search.  He believes the product is patentable and he gave me a list of existing patents that somewhat relate to my product.

The idea is quite simple, and I have been told that it would be very quick and easy to write a patent application for this product.  

This being the case I do not require the expertise of a grandmaster patent attorney.  I would like to get this patent as inexpensively as possible.  Can anyone please recommend some firms or attorneys that cater to small time inventors on a shoestring budget?  Am I crazy to think that I can pull this off for less than $5,000?

Thanks for the advice!
IP Logged
Wiscagent

Re: need direction finding the right patent attorn
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25th, 2005, 4:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Most patent agents and patent attorneys focus their practice on certain kind of inventions.  What is the general field of your invention, e.g. chemical, mechanical, computer ... ?

Generally small firms and individual practitioners charge less than larger firms.  Also patent agents generally charge less than patent attorneys.

Please do NOT provide any details about your invention in this forum.
IP Logged

Richard Tanzer
Patent Agent
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »