The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 23rd, 2020, 1:49am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Bare Bones Cost
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bare Bones Cost  (Read 2598 times)
Isaac

Re: Bare Bones Cost
« Reply #5 on: Sep 10th, 2005, 1:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just noticed that the cost of scalpels, sutures and a copy of Gray's Anatomy is surprisingly low.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2005, 5:06pm by Isaac » IP Logged

Isaac
Anon
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10th, 2005, 6:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Sep 10th, 2005, 1:12pm, Isaac Clark wrote:
I just noticed that the cost of scalpels, sutures and a copy of Gray's Anatomy is surprisingly low.

Priceless.
IP Logged
Anon
Re: Bare Bones Cost-Publication Fee
« Reply #7 on: Sep 10th, 2005, 6:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Sep 9th, 2005, 4:40pm, Steve_Nielsen wrote:
To obtain the lowest possible cost, one must opt out of publishing the patent application. Unless you mark the box. “no publication” your patent application will be published 18 months after submission.

Dear Mr. Reg. No. 54,699,

Sometimes sarcasm is lost on me.   Is that the case here?  Or are do you truly not know the implications of not "mark[ing] the box" to which you refer?  If you know, perhaps you should share this information with the original poster.  And if you don't know, maybe you should be a little more careful with the information you dispense.

Regards
IP Logged
Isaac

« Reply #8 on: Sep 10th, 2005, 9:13pm »

I'm pretty sure he knows the consequences.   I don't think any of the posts (at least the ones responsive to the OP's question) were intended to recommend a course of action but rather to answer the question being posed.  

IP Logged

Isaac
Wiscagent

« Reply #9 on: Sep 11th, 2005, 7:55am »

Following up on the "no publication" option:  

Is the $300 fee [37 CFR 1.18(d) ] for publication of the application or publication of the granted patent?

It's my understanding that if you request early publication of the application, i.e. before 18 months, then the $300 fee is required prior to publication of the application; and is not additionally required if and when the patent is allowed.

I thought however that regardless of whether or not the application ever publishes, the $300 fee was required before the patent is granted.  Otherwise, wouldn’t the USPTO require the $300 before the application is published; and given the timing, if the patent never is allowed, then the applicant never pays the fee.

By the way, I didn't detect any sarcasim in Mr. Nilsen's note.  

Mr. Clark's on the other hand ... Hey - what is your rock bottom price for an appendectomy?  I can supply iodine and rubber gloves.

Richard Tanzer
IP Logged

Richard Tanzer
Patent Agent
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »