The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 24th, 2020, 11:02pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Clarification on Patenting an Idea
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Clarification on Patenting an Idea  (Read 1349 times)
GlobalPatentSolutions
Re: Clarification on Patenting an Idea
« Reply #5 on: Aug 19th, 2005, 2:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I am not too familiar with Aurther Little but its probably like many other invention promotion companies where you don't pay for anything but they will take a large percent of your earning if your invention sells.  Also, they usually have stringent selection process where most (probably 90% or more) ideas are not selected for commercialization.  It might be good to check with them in terms of the 'marketability' of your idea but I wouldn't rely on them for the 'patentability' of your idea.  Even if they select your idea from a marketing stand point, it may not pass the patent stage.

As for stealing your idea, I would just make sure you have anyone you reveal your idea to sign a non-disclosure agreement.  For instance, my search firm uses a very well written non-disclosure and follows strict confidentiality guidelines.  Although you should take all the necessary precautions, most people and companies are not looking to 'steal' anyones ideas.  

As I mentioned before, if you would like to get a search done or some further consultation please email me at deo113@hotmail.com.  Either way, good luck with your invention.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »