The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 24th, 2020, 11:06pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   we do every thing for free just submit your IDEA
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: we do every thing for free just submit your IDEA  (Read 2274 times)
who is
we do every thing for free just submit your IDEA
« on: Jul 2nd, 2005, 12:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

who can trust this kind of sites?

is it ok to submit my idea to them?

http://www.davison54.com/

What Happens Next?
At Davison, we understand the anticipation of wanting to know how a process works and the age old question of what happens next.

It's for this reason that we have outlined the initial steps to be taken when getting your invention off the ground.  

Step 1: Complete our free information form and we will rush you information on pursuing your idea/invention.  
Step 2: Within 5-7 business days, you will receive an 8.5 x 11 first class mail envelope containing our brochure and confidential submission form.  
Step 3: You review the information, and if need be, receive assistance from our staff in completing the form.  
Step 4: You complete and return the confidential idea submission form.  
Step 5: Your idea/invention is reviewed to determine if it falls within our scope of services.  
Step 6: You are contacted for a no-cost confidential discussion regarding your idea/invention.  
Step 7: If we decide to work together, product design research will be conducted on your idea/invention for a fee.  
Step 8: We offer no-cost/contingency representation and attempt to identify corporation(s) that could be a match for your idea/invention.  
Step 9: We prepare your idea/invention for presentation to a corporation for a fee.  
Step 10: Materials we prepare are presented to you for your review and approval.  
Step 11: Once materials are approved by you and additional protection is in place, we ship the product or presentation materials to the corporation.  
Step 12: We attempt to license the idea to the corporation if there is interest in the idea/invention.  

IP Logged
i am
Re:  we do every thing for free just submit y
« Reply #1 on: Jul 2nd, 2005, 2:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi

i suggest that before you submit your disclosure, please get it signed a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) from the other party. that'll will help u in future.

regards,

i am
IP Logged
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

« Reply #2 on: Jul 6th, 2005, 12:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 2nd, 2005, 12:58am, who is wrote:

who can trust this kind of sites?

is it ok to submit my idea to them?

Of course it's okay to submit your idea to them.  I'm guessing you meant to ask if it's wise to do so.  That I can't answer.

Here are some questions that come to mind.  

Who do they represent?  you or the corporations?  If "both", how do they balance the conflicting interests of strong, broad protection (your interests) and easy-to-circumvent protection if things go sour (the corporations' interests)?

What do they mean by "Once ... additional protection is in place"?  There's no explicit reference to any patent protection.  It's perfectly okay to forgo patents in favor of trade secret or no protection at all, but you should only do so if you think it's in your best interests; not because some invention submission company plots that as your course.

What happens if their contacts/clients aren't interested in your idea?  Can you take it elsewhere?  If so, what protection remains in tact?

Go get answers to those questions.  Also, search the Internet for other people's opinions/experiences with this company.  There are many watchdog sites exposing the posers.  Go look there for checklists when checking out an invention submission company.

Regards.
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
ValueProducts

« Reply #3 on: Sep 4th, 2005, 6:21am »

A quick perusal of the list of complaints against this company with the Patent Office indicates they are not a good idea.

I am no expert, but as a businessman I believe that if someone comes to me with a good idea that I believe I can make $$ off of, they would be a fool to pay ME to perform my end of the agreement.

To wit: This outfit apparently asks for some $700 or so upfront, then hits you with all sorts of following fees and charges?  This is nuts.  It's just like Invention Submission Corporation (or whatever they call themselves today).  They are not a manufacturer or marketing company interested in bringing your product to market, they are a company that assumes first, you are a ego-driven dope, second you are desperate to see your World's Greatest Mousetrap Ever! brought to market, and third they can play the odds and get enough saps to buy into their program to make THEM rich.

One thing that would be nice to know is this: What is their sell rate--success to failure ratio?  I'm betting they will tell you that's a "trade secret."

I would take a pass on this outfit.

Mike
Value Products
IP Logged
firstflight

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26th, 2005, 7:00pm »

I feel the same way as Mike on this one. I have heard many stories about these type companies. Not good either.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »