The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 23rd, 2020, 1:29am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   IP question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: IP question  (Read 1346 times)
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

Re: IP question
« Reply #5 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 6:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I doubt anyone here can say whether your proposal is "fair or attainable".  Perhaps I didn't fully appreciate your relation with this company -- sounds like you have your own company and your own ongoing research.  However, the import of my prior comment is still relevant: what's fair and reasonable is somewhere between the least you're willing to accept and the most they're willing to give.

10% of agricultural use and 20% of human use sound like big numbers.  If so, now is not the time to try to skate by with free, off-the-cuff quips and half-baked opinions (no offense to the posters here).  In legal advice, like all things, you get what you pay for -- more or less.  (Again, no offense to the posters here.)  Go get some real legal advice from someone with licensing experience in the boitech realm.

Good luck.
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
collegestudent

Re: IP question
« Reply #6 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 8:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

thanks for the advice, i am meeting with an expert on IP and patenting for biotech at my school as well as with a lawyer, but i was just trying to get a feel for things before i met with her, but thanks for the input, i appreciate it
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »