The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 26th, 2020, 9:16pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   patent or patent pending
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: patent or patent pending  (Read 1535 times)
wheeels

Email

patent or patent pending
« on: Feb 2nd, 2005, 8:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

help!!  i have a idea that has been subbmitted & has come back as patentable??   my question is should i  register with patent pending or just go for patent..
this is an very low expense item to produce & poss marketing could be low .. i need help (also i live in canada---canadian laws please..  cheers all
IP Logged
Wiscagent

Re: patent or patent pending
« Reply #1 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 8:03am »

Your question is unclear.  To whom did you submit your idea?  Do you have an invention, i.e. a novel, non-obvious concept that is enabled?  What do you mean by "register with patent pending"?  What is "poss marketing"?

Please slow down and organize your thoughts.  When you are ready to write your question, use complete sentences with appropriate punctuation.

IP Logged

Richard Tanzer
Patent Agent
wheeels

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 9:25pm »

I WENT THROUGH "INVENTIONS SUBMISSION CORP" HERE IN ON.CANADA. YES I DO HAVE AN INVENTION .
YES I MEAN REGISTER WITH PATENT PENDING.
I MEAN POSSIBLE MARKETING & MANUFACTURING COSTS WOULD OR COULD BE LOW ..... SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION, I JUST NEED SOME ADVICE FROM PEERS THAT HAVE ALLREADY BEEN DOWN THE ROAD....
IP Logged
Jonathan

« Reply #3 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 9:45pm »

If you are serious about protecting your invention, talk to a qualified patent attorney. It will be well worth the expense. Hopefully you have not gone too far with Inventions Submission Corporation to prevent a patent attorney from helping you.

This is probably not the best venue for you to get an estimate on marketing and manufacturing costs. Obviously, that is highly fact dependent and can not be generalized.

You indicate you are in Ontario. Sim & McBurney is a reputable patent firm in Toronto. Perhaps they can help you -  

http://www.sim-mcburney.com/
IP Logged
wheeels

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 6th, 2005, 7:43pm »

thank you for youre input,, i will check out the information you have provided me with,  also i have waited approx 9-10 months after the submission for patent search was done ----thanks again   cheers
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »