The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 24th, 2020, 10:46pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Patent Drawings
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Patent Drawings  (Read 5800 times)
conleymon
Re: Patent Drawings
« Reply #10 on: May 21st, 2005, 12:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

hi, I'm very interested in patent drawing, but I'm totally new to it. I have gotten the guide to making patent drawings from the us pto site, but before I start reading it, I really would like to know more about how I can find work, what qualifications I need, what's the best way to learn how to do it, is it secure work and things like that. May I ask you for any advice you might be able to offer?

thank you much,
conleymon
IP Logged
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

« Reply #11 on: May 23rd, 2005, 1:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If I were considering a new vendor for drawings, I'd want to see sample work fairly closely resembling the kinds of drawings I'd need and then would look at prices.

The thing is to be in the list of vendors considered when a practitioner is looking for a new one.  Personally, I'd probably start with people who contribute in a forum like this one, if they seem to know what they're doing.  I might try a search engine, or perhaps even ads at a site like this one, but I'd be a little afraid of too much "noise" and not enough "signal."

For the record, I'm happy with my current vendor.  I hope those thoughts help.

Regards.
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
StefanL

Email

« Reply #12 on: May 26th, 2005, 1:33pm »

I belive that if an application "looks well-prepared" the examiner is more likely to think that the application is "serious" and thereby unconsciously favour the application.  

IP Logged
StefanL

Email

« Reply #13 on: May 27th, 2005, 10:28am »

yes I meant subconsciously Cool
IP Logged
Greg L. Martinez
« Reply #14 on: Sep 17th, 2005, 2:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

When doing the spec and the drawings, I often label similar elements with letter and numbers (i.e. 10a, 10b, etc.).  My question is whether or not anyone has had problems with this in US or foreign filings.  I have not, but some attorneys I have done work for swear up and down that its inappropriate.  

Also, has anyone had any problems with lead lines.  For example, the MPEP states that a floating arrow signifies a section and a lead line touching an element signifies a surface.  I've seen attorneys ignore this convention and they seem to get away with it on a regular basis.  It seems like this convention is not strictly enforced.  

Thanks in advance.  

Greg L. Martinez
SolidStateIP
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »