The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 24th, 2020, 10:39pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   patent agent
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: patent agent  (Read 2761 times)
jerome

patent agent
« on: Nov 12th, 2004, 11:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i belong to the south asian region and want to know whether i m eligible to sit for the exam for patent agent in europe, australia and japan. i have majored in pharmaceutical sciences and currently pursuing phd. Also i would like to know about product pipeline and technology transfer in the context of patenting in pharmaceutical patenting.

love
IP Logged
mupple

Re: patent agent
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 10:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

To sit the EQE (European Qualifying Examination) you usually need to have completed three years of training under the supervision of a European attorney.

To be entered on the register of professional representatives before the European Patent Office (EPO), you must have passed the EQE, be a national of one of the Contracting States of the EPO and have your place of business or employment within the territory of one ofthe Contracting States.

Based on the information you have provided, it seems unlikely that you could register as a European Patent Attorney for failure to satisfy the second and third stated requirements.  Furthermore, I believe that the EPO will not allow anyone to sit the exam who does not satisfy those requirements.

Therefore I believe that you are eligible neither to sit the exam nor to register as a professional representative before the EPO.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »