The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 28th, 2020, 1:31pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Auslander/Frozen Out
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Auslander/Frozen Out  (Read 1560 times)
Isaac

Re: Auslander/Frozen Out
« Reply #5 on: Aug 30th, 2004, 6:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've ofen seen "tough love" dispensed in some forums where inventors ask practitioners for advice.  Some of it is not just terse.  IMO it's also downroad rude and insulting.

Mr. Auslander is nowhere near that extreme, but some of the people who deal out that rude advice swear that novices just won't exit their dreamworld when they are talked to nice.  

I don't believe in that kind of tough love although on occasion I do envy Mr. Auslander's ability to express himself concisely.    

Sometimes from the question it seems clear a poster is going to take the given answer and shoot off his own foot.  I'm not sure that we do the person any favors when we postulate a bunch of facts and give an answer.   On occasion when I've given answers, I've appreciated seeing someone else follow up by telling the OP to get some professional help.

IP Logged

Isaac
W

Email

Re: Auslander/Frozen Out
« Reply #6 on: Aug 30th, 2004, 8:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Perhaps the best policy is to contact a potential client off-list.

Keep the forums clean (with straightcut advice), and explain your services in a more directed format.

This is but one possibility.

Cheers,
-W
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »