The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 28th, 2020, 2:08pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   perfect rotary engine
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: perfect rotary engine  (Read 2478 times)
diji.n.j
perfect rotary engine
« on: Apr 18th, 2004, 2:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Can you help me in finding suitable invester or pramoter for this invention?

Important features of the Engine:
---------------------------------
 This rotary engine has some unique features that makes this engine light years ahead of conventional IC engines. One is separate sides for intake (charge) and exhaust gas which is suitable for HYDROGEN FUEL, Which is the fuel of new century.  

In this engine 4 stages of Atkinson cycle (a more efficient varient of otto cycle except expansion ratio different from compression ratio) are optimized for better efficiency 2 of them are shown in PV diagram.
 1.) Since exhaust side and intake side are separate intake side is cooler than exhaust side and less heat is transferred from rotor to charge. Since charge is cooler higher compression ratio can be achieved.
 2.) Since constant volume heat addition is possible by increasing the width of rotor’s one lobe, ignition before compression stroke ends, is not necessary, so there will not be any back pressure due to combustion. During ignition and constant volume heat addition, volume of charge is considerably low this results in faster flame distribution (since fuel particles in the mixture are closer to each other.) and faster and better combustion results. This also results in higher temperature with minimum fuel. This will increase efficiency. also distance from spark plug to most distant fuel particle is minimum at the time of ignition, compared to other engine architectures.  Since surface area is minimum during cumbustion less heat is lost to the surroundings.
 3.) As you can sea in torque chart, most of heat energy is converted into mechanical work earlier than in piston engine. So less heat will be transferred to the surroundings compared to piston engine during power stroke. More than that expansion ratio is decreased without changing compression ratio (exhaust volume is higher than intake volume) more heat will be converted to work which is not possible in piston or Wankel engine.
 4.) In exhaust stroke due to lower expansion ratio pressure will be almost equal to atmospheric pressure. So no valve opening before expansion stroke ends is required. This results in less back pressure during exhaust without losing any expansion.
 Since combustion takes place faster due to constant volume heat addition we get more work due to earlier expansion of gases and full power stroke with entire fuels energy. In piston engine combustion finishes only after 10-20 degree of rotation from TDC. So only a part of the fuel’s energy is getting during TDC to 10-20 degree of rotation.  
 Since constant volume heat addition is possible combustion temperature will be very high so better, faster and complete combustion results
 Since combustion takes place at fairly high temperature all fuel particles are burned faster even near the surface of combustion chamber.
 Don’t forget that higher combustion temp is only because of the constant volume heat addition, all other factors like air/fuel ratio and compression ratio are kept same.
 As you know increasing T3 (combustion temperature) increases efficiency  
 Another is we can increase expansion ratio without changing compression  ratio(since intake and exhaust area are separate). As we know efficiency is directly proportional to compression ratio. Efficiency is also directly proportional to expansion ratio. Since it is impossible to increase compression ratio beyond certain limit. Then only major way to increase efficiency is to increase expansion ratio. This is  possible in my engine.
 For example an engine having compression ratio 8:1 and expansion ratio  1:10 have higher efficiency than engine with compression ratio 8:1 and expansion ratio 1:8.

Another is flow characteristics. In piston engines there are  
3 stages where gases inside the cylinder make 180 degree turn.
But in my engine there is only one which is at combustion chamber.
This is good for combustion because turbulence is good for faster flame propagation.

As for lubrication major force is on cam rather than on rotor, there (on the link between valve and cam)I provided rollers for minimum friction. Stoppers are touching the rotor with the slight force of spring provided in the valve assembly whose traveling distance is only 2 millimeter.
 Only one cam is required to operate 4 valves, cam also acts as fly wheel.another important thing about cam is it is circular and  pivot is at center so less vibration results. guides of valves are running on side ward projecting rails on the cam. Since the rail is locked between the two rollers, when valve has to be accelerated from zero velocity, the cam pushes valve and when valve has to be stopped (deaccelerated ) the valve pushes cam(flywheel). so we get extra enrgy given to move the valve. Geometry of rails are a combination of parabolic spirels.    
IP Logged
P.Nagel
Re: perfect rotary engine
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18th, 2004, 3:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I doubt you'll find 'investers' or 'pramoters' anywhere.

Where can I find this sea in torque chart?

The description of this "perfect engine" looks like it was copied from a piece of spam. I hope you weren't duped into giving someone money for this garbage.
IP Logged
M. Arthur Auslander

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18th, 2004, 4:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Even if you had foolproof patent claims, it would not be easy to sell something new particuarly if it takes big money to start up and test.
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2004, 11:58am by M. Arthur Auslander » IP Logged

M. Arthur Auslander
Auslander & Thomas-Intellectual Property Law
3008 Johnson Ave., New York, NY 10463
7185430266, aus@auslander.com
Reality Check® ELAINE's Workshop®
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 8:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

One of the communities always interested in innovative power solutions is the experimental aircraft community.
http://www.eaa.org/

These guys have puts rotary engines in airplanes:
http://www.atkinsrotary.com/

There's substantial interest in rotaries in airplanes due to near bullet-proof reliability and the redundancy for safety (you can run each rotor independently of the others -- so two rotors is like two-engine reliability and three rotors is even better).

Here's another link:
http://home.earthlink.net/~rotaryeng/

Internal combustion aircraft engines are horribly out-dated -- after many decades of the research philosophy, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."  Now, I/C aircraft engines are becoming increasingly perceived as "broke" -- so there's much research and activity around rotaries, diesels, FADEC systems, etc.  A lot of the research is based on the believe that avgas (aviation gas) -- which is low lead, not no lead -- is not going to be around much longer.

Anyway, I think you'll find interested parties in those communities.

Good luck!
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »