The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 23rd, 2020, 12:55am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

I have an Invention ... Now What?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Some good ideas
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Some good ideas  (Read 2285 times)
Corey

Re: Some good ideas
« Reply #5 on: May 31st, 2004, 10:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dear Arthur,

"From what you said in the last post I responded to I thought you were on the right path. It's a very rare inventor that can do it themself and do it well.  "

Are you saying you do not think I am on the right path anymore?  I am trying to do the patent application on my own for a couple reasons.  First of all I do not intend on submitting my application.  I am doing it to gather information, learn more about patents, and i know it can't hurt me.  I fully intend on having a patent lawyer write the claims and if I learn enough trying to integrate what I think into the claims.  
IP Logged
M. Arthur Auslander

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 31st, 2004, 5:00pm »

Dear Corey,

What I am trying to say is that you can do it but if you do not know the subtleties of the patent law you can get a patent that is of no value. I have met one or two inventors over may years that can do as good a job of patent writing as a patent lawyer. They are rare.

There are two MAIN aspect of patent law, one getting a patent and two getting a patent that gives the protecton that you need. The second patent is surprisingly rare, based on the prior art and patent prosecution.

If you intend to sell or go into the market place, a GOOD patent is need. That is why I like to cut to the bone up front and dash false hopes if they are false hopes with the Reality Check® or go out there from a maximum position of strength.
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2004, 5:03pm by M. Arthur Auslander » IP Logged

M. Arthur Auslander
Auslander & Thomas-Intellectual Property Law
3008 Johnson Ave., New York, NY 10463
7185430266, aus@auslander.com
Reality Check® ELAINE's Workshop®
doug vagedes

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 11:57am »

Corey, are your ideas still available? If so, please contact me here or at 859-468-3658

Thanks
IP Logged
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

« Reply #8 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 6:25pm »

I'm not sure it's useful to respond to everyone with an idea in the last 2-3 years.  If you just respond to the recent posts, Corey will see that if he's still paying attention.

If you want to contact everyone who's ever had an idea here, you might consider sending private messages and/or seeing if they gave an e-mail address.

For the rest of us, it's a little tedious to read a dozen or more identical messages in various forums.  I won't go so far as to use the "S" word, but I wouldn't be surprised if others here would.

Just out of curiosity, is that what the "Announcements" forum is for?  Announcing one's services or whatever else (like leaving/joining a new firm for the practitioners)?  Or is that reserved for the moderator for more administrative announcements?

Regards.
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2007, 6:25pm by JimIvey » IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »