The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 20th, 2019, 8:54am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums
   Other
   Licensing Forum
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Kessler Corporation
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kessler Corporation  (Read 4682 times)
Isabelito

Kessler Corporation
« on: Oct 10th, 2006, 3:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Kessler Corporation
NorthTown Business Center
Ohio

I received a letter from this company today, altogether (Coincidence?) with the other 2 letters from the Uspto (US Patent Certificate, Inc   &   Patent Awards) for my granted patent.

My question is:
1- Is this company clean & trustfull?  
2- How is that this letter from them came in the same bunch of letters at the same time?

They wrote me that they saw a brief description of my invent in the Official Patent Gazette, and that they were considering to ask me if my patent  can be offered to the Sale or to be licensed?

How this company work with us, the inventors?
What other companies are for the same?

Any clue?

Thanks,

Isabelito Smiley
IP Logged
mila

Re: Kessler Corporation
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11th, 2007, 6:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Isabelito.
Did you receive more information about this company? A friend of me has been contacted in Spain by them, and would have more information.
Thanks.
IP Logged
Jason van Gent
« Reply #2 on: Aug 6th, 2007, 2:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

In regards to Kessler corp, I to received their letter when I received a patent. I thought it was interesting - so I contacted them by email and asked them for some further information on deals that they have successfully licensed.  

As you may have guessed - I never received a response! I somehow get the feeling that had I been sending them cash - I am almost positive that I would have gotten a response that day!  

My advice is ask if you can view some of the licensing agreements that they have done (they claim to have been going since the 50's so there must be some old out of date ones that you can view) and then talk to the inventors about their experiences, alternatively question the people currently on their website and ask them how helpful they have been.

I think that when you receive your patent you are at a particularly vulnerable state especially if you are not a corporation and are building your dream, there are others that recognize this, and they may try to exploit that period of weakness.

the usual rules of 'do your homework' applies to this company's letter and the others that will follow.
IP Logged
Gerald B. Wilcox
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26th, 2007, 5:47pm »

I employed Kessler corporation to find a manufacturer for my invention.  They clearly breached the contract. I contacted the BBB and they made several false statements that caused the BBB to side with them.  Their success rate is about one in one hundred.  Do not waste your money!!!
IP Logged
Vitaliy Filipenko
« Reply #4 on: Dec 3rd, 2007, 9:32am »

What BBB stands for? What exactly Kessler have breached in your contract?
The reason i ask because I want to employ them as they charge 1000 doLLArs for file preparation whereas others charge 7000dollars for the same job...
Thanks
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »