The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 15th, 2019, 8:45am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums
   Other
   Licensing Forum
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Trademark Licensing
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Trademark Licensing  (Read 1130 times)
itsme01

Trademark Licensing
« on: Dec 4th, 2005, 4:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am interested in licensing my trademark to be able to sell usage of my brand, collect a license fee and royalties on services provided.    

Fact: My state do not require franchise registration but govern according to business opportunity laws.  

My Questions:  

1) My firm provides technical services.  Is licensing my Trademark brand legal?  
2) How is this different from franchising?  
3) Is there any federal paperwork I must file, other than registering my trademark with the USPTO?  
4) Any guidelines to watch out for to ensure that my trademark registration is clearly deferentiated from a franchise?
IP Logged
eddiespin

Re: Trademark Licensing
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13th, 2007, 8:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I hope I’m not being too nitpicking but I’m having a little trouble understanding what you mean by being “able to sell usage of my brand.”  A trademark license is your branded products or services through your licensee. That’s why the licensee’s use inures to your goodwill.  What you’re looking to accomplish, here, sounds a little murky, and may indeed even be invoking franchise laws.  Don’t have the foggiest idea what you mean by “licensing my trademark brand” (sounds like you have a service mark, no?).  Tell you how to be sure, though.  Get an attorney on the hook.  You’ll be glad for it later on.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »