The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 21st, 2019, 9:23pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Improvement Patents
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Have an Idea for a Service so to speak.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Have an Idea for a Service so to speak.  (Read 927 times)
Phre0nBurn

Have an Idea for a Service so to speak.
« on: Sep 14th, 2006, 10:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,  
I have an idea for one of the top websites on the internet right now, I think it is an excellent idea. But, I dont know how to use it or what to do with it.  
Is there a way I could pitch this to them without them stealing my idea, or without them turning me down before even listening?
IP Logged
CriterionD

WWW Email

Re: Have an Idea for a Service so to speak.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14th, 2006, 12:32pm »

Depending upon the exact nature of your idea, you may or may not be able to achieve patent protection.  If you are able, then depending on the more exact nature of the situation, you may or may not be able to acheive truly meaningful patent protection.  If you are able to achieve truly meaningful patent protection, then depending on the exact nature of circumstances, it may or may not be worth the amount of money you will have to pay to acheive meaningful patent protection.  If you are interested in learning more regarding that route, it wouldn't hurt to consult a patent attorney.

If you are just worried about having your idea stolen...if the website(company) is cooperative you might be able to submit your idea to them under a non-disclosure (or confidentiality) agreement.  As far as getting them to actually pay attention to your idea?  Thats usually a pretty tough question to answer when you are the small guy.  My only suggestion there would be to think creatively.  They say opinions are like...well you know.  Its often up to you to set yourself apart from the pack if you truly want to be taken seriously.  

IP Logged

www.criteriondynamics.com
biopico

Re: Have an Idea for a Service so to speak.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16th, 2006, 6:54pm »

I would seek an advice from IP attorney asap to try to get your idea protected or I would also try to contact the company without telling them about the matter.  If they are willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement form, then you can have a serious discussion.  But to get it to that stage, it may be just tough.  But who knows and I would give it a try.

IP Logged

Registered Patent Agent Specializing in All Areas of Biotechnology
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »