The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 2nd, 2020, 10:09am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums
   Other
   Copyright Forum
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Former drummer raising hell - what can I do?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Former drummer raising hell - what can I do?  (Read 2347 times)
mactheknife

Re: Former drummer raising hell - what can I do?
« Reply #10 on: Dec 8th, 2007, 10:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I agree with "a drummer myself"'s last comment.  Whether something is "de minimis" or not is too much of a factual question to answer on a message board.  If you really want advice you should consult an attorney in person.

None of the posts below my last one changes my previous statement, assuming only the facts you've given.  Your ex-drummer cannot get an injunction to prevent you from releasing your CD.  There are a range of things he can get (from nothing to a particular percentage of royalties from either the sound recording or the song).

As far as responding to the C&D, you don't HAVE to do anything, I suppose.  Whether it's a good idea is again something to discuss with your lawyer.  There's nothing preventing him from suing you either way, I guess, no matter if he has a case or not.  (Google "Jonathan Lee Riches" for an egregious example)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »