The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 25th, 2019, 9:42pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums
   Other
   Copyright Forum
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   copyright
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: copyright  (Read 647 times)
john Smith
copyright
« on: Sep 28th, 2006, 3:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Years ago we had a band, we wrote our own songs and all split the cost for filing the copyrights which were to include all our names since we all contributed to the song writing. Now, years later we find out that the person who sent the material in filled out another form leaving  names off making it look like the work is his own. What can be done about this if anything?
IP Logged
Student
Re: copyright
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29th, 2006, 12:47am »

In order to copyright music, you have to send in the songs on CD and/or print music, correct? Were all band members names on those items as composers? If so, I would imagine its simply a matter of pointing the copyright office to that information.  

Thats pretty pathetic though that he would do that! I wonder if there is any sort of legal recourse you could do! Thats just WRONG!!
IP Logged
John Smith
Re: copyright
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29th, 2006, 4:20am »

WE had just the raw recordings and typed out the lyrics. I found out about a form CA that allows for adding info that was left out of the original registation. I am going to try that and see what happens. But i agree it is pathetic. Thanks
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »