The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 27th, 2020, 2:55pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums
   Other
   Copyright Forum
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Printing Unknown artists uncopywrited pieces
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Printing Unknown artists uncopywrited pieces  (Read 867 times)
Ryan Brown
Printing Unknown artists uncopywrited pieces
« on: May 31st, 2006, 1:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

So I'm possibly about to begin a world tour searching for unknown artists to bring to light.  With this I will be needing to print their pieces here in the states.  I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are any hoops I must jump through in order to "A" bring their artwork into the country, and "B" what kind of permission do I need from the artists to get this done.  Do they need to be copyrighted first? if so can I do that or does it have to be done by the artist himself. To let you know I will not be exploiting these artists, I will be working with them to get their art seen by more people. Thanks for all your help.  All is appreciated
IP Logged
JSonnabend

Email

Re: Printing Unknown artists uncopywrited pieces
« Reply #1 on: Jun 1st, 2006, 7:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ryan, I'm unclear what you're asking.  If you will be buying pieces (or obtaining them on consignment), then there isn't anything legally you need to do to bring them into the states.  You may want a written agreement in place between you and the artists to clearly define each others' rights and obligations, but that's not a copyright issue per se.

- Jeff
IP Logged

SonnabendLaw
Intellectual Property and Technology Law
Brooklyn, USA
718-832-8810
JSonnabend@SonnabendLaw.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »