The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 25th, 2019, 8:45pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums
   Other
   Copyright Forum
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   can I use my own photos of used books on a website
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: can I use my own photos of used books on a website  (Read 379 times)
Carrie Langley
can I use my own photos of used books on a website
« on: May 23rd, 2006, 1:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi,

I am in the process of putting a website together and I REALLY need to know if I'd be violating any copyright laws if I took my own photos of the outsides of the used books/curriculum that I would be selling (I'd have an online store).  I wouldn't take any photos of the inside pages for my online store, just a photo of the outside of the book.  Is this okay?

Now here is another question...
I will be doing extensive reviews on the books/curriculum in another section on my website (not in my online store).  I want to show some inside shots of the books, a peek inside the book of sorts. I would take my own photos for this.  I figure I couldn't sell my used books on the same page because of copyright (correct me if I'm wrong) so I plan on adding a link to my online store at the bottom of the page, along with affiliate links to retail stores.  Would this be legal?  I would love help on this.  

Thanks!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »