The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 7th, 2019, 10:07pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums
   Other
   Copyright Forum
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Use of Logo,Images and Media without permission
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Use of Logo,Images and Media without permission  (Read 2023 times)
shanman

Use of Logo,Images and Media without permission
« on: May 19th, 2006, 9:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

One of my best clients referred an associate to me for design work. I designed a logo, brochure, website, business card and flyer for this associate, at the end of the project he refused to pay.  

We were on opposite sides of the country no contract was signed physically only online. Now two weeks later, I came across the logo and flyer in a magazine, I called this magazine and was informed they have used my material for 4 issues of this magazine over the last month, even BEFORE he said he wouldnt pay. A friend in his city went to his office and took pictures of my logo and brochure on signs,his front door and brochures. He also have the business card printed and the logo etc on DVD cases.

I offered him a payment plan if he was low on funds, I offered a slight fee reduction to avoid court, he says he will not pay and as soon as he gets a new designer he will change the logo on his door and in the office to a logo similar to mine but different so it isnt mine. (he doesnt know I know about the magazines)

I am in Ontario, Canada what should I do? What can I do legally? Is there anyone on this forum that can help?  lawyer or paralegal ?
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2006, 9:44pm by shanman » IP Logged
JSonnabend

Email

Re: Use of Logo,Images and Media without permissio
« Reply #1 on: May 22nd, 2006, 7:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

By your description, your rights have certainly been infringed by the client, and you should  be able to gain some relief for the infringement.  The question is, is the amount of relief you're likely to get worth the hassle and expense required to get it?  If so, speak to an attorney, who at the very least can draft a stern cease and desist letter to the appropriate parties.

I handle matter such as this routinely, as do other attorneys here.

- Jeff
IP Logged

SonnabendLaw
Intellectual Property and Technology Law
Brooklyn, USA
718-832-8810
JSonnabend@SonnabendLaw.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »