The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 26th, 2021, 11:03pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums
   Other
   Copyright Forum
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   "I Love NY" Very Sticky Problem.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: "I Love NY" Very Sticky Problem.  (Read 1351 times)
dennispatrick

"I Love NY" Very Sticky Problem.
« on: Jan 29th, 2006, 4:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I own the website www.iloveanything.com  We sell custom "I heart" t-shirts that customers can make say they love (blank).  Recently I have been contacted by NYState Economic Development. Stating that I am infringing upon their trademark since I use an "I and a HEART".  They said something like I am creating an avenue or somebullnuts to infringe on their I love NY logo.  I told them we do not sell any I Love NY shirts and also that we can sell an I love Shirt to anyone with whatever they want on it, because we are simply a Screen printer and only producing what the customer requests.  If you go to your local screen printer and say please make me 50 I love NY shirts, they will because a screen printer can not go researching every customer to make sure you have permission and granted rights.  

Also the t-shirts on our site are only a preview of what the customer is ordering.  Our terms of use page state that the liability is on the customer and they assume all rights and permissions regarding trademarked text.  Anyways, check out my terms page and take a peak at the site.  Does the NY Dept have any grounds? Do they really own the trademark "I heart" and any possible word following it? They are threatening to shut my site down if I don't work something out with them such as limit my customers to a minium of 3 letters.  What do you guys think?? Are they just hating on me because I'm doing so well? ......I do have my attorneys taking care of this matter... but in the mean time i am just curious as to how this is going to play out.  

thanks  
-Dennis  

p.s. If i am in the wrong then aren't the largest online t-shirt sellers in world as well suxh as customink.com, spreadshirt.com, customglamgirl.com customizedworld.com All our custom online printers that will print a shirt to say anything you want including I Love (Blank).  
IP Logged
brien
Re: "I Love NY" Very Sticky Problem.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16th, 2007, 5:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

hey what ever happened with your I love anything copyright infringement battle with the state of new york?

I am considering a different venture that may have similar issues.  

curious,
brien
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »