The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 10th, 2020, 11:41am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums
   Other
   Copyright Forum
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   song copyright
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: song copyright  (Read 2116 times)
Isaac

Re: song copyright
« Reply #10 on: Jul 6th, 2005, 4:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 5th, 2005, 11:01pm, JSonnabend wrote:
Isaac, you're 100% correct, but why bother arguing with the likes of Ringo or Sagebrushfire (an apparent teenager I almost started in with in another thread)?  If they know so much about this stuff, why are they here asking questions?

It's just not worth the aggrevation trying to help them, when all they do is cop attitudes.

- Jeff

I'm not trying to help them.  I guess I fell into the trap of
assuming that others might be fooled.  I suppose most readers
probably can recognize nonsense when they see it.

The other thing was the this electronic registrations stuff was
starting to look like ripoff advertisement, with more and more
detail being posted in response to probes.  I probably got a
little torqued.
IP Logged

Isaac
ringo

Re: song copyright
« Reply #11 on: Aug 29th, 2005, 3:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Don't get torqued - its not worth it. You'll give yourself a heart attack. Try looking a little deeper into digital registration services. There are a number of them out there and worth looking into.   www.surety.com   www.genuinedoc.com www.software-reg.com  to name but a few!!!!  Wink

By the way, I believe someone said that you have no protection if you register with a digital notary (DN) - or online registration service - and that it does not give you the protection of the CO. Turns out - partially true.  
If I register music with a DN and this is stolen by another, I can claim damages for lost earnings (that'l be the day Wink) but cannot claim punitive damages. If I register with the CO.... THEN I can also claim for punitive damages.

A legal guy wrote that! But I'm sure you already knew that anyway.

One other thing - a bit techy but that's the way I am.... when a file is registered with a digital notary no content of the file is exposed (encryption, digital fingerprinting etc) or can be read or recompiled. Not unlike reconstructing a persons features from their fingerprint - can't be done  - but the fingerprint is unique to that person. A digital fingerprint is unique to a particular file - the one you want to prove existed... back then..... when you registered it... digitally. It's so simple and still cheaper then the CO
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2005, 1:57am by ringo » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »