The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 24th, 2020, 10:58pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums
   Other
   Copyright Forum
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Handbags
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Handbags  (Read 1284 times)
M. Arthur Auslander
Re: Handbags
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22nd, 2003, 6:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Dear Vman,

ELAINE's Workshop® E arly L egal A dvice I s N ot E xpensive™ was born in the hope of helping people like you before there is any trouble.

If you are going to try and stay in business it would be a good idea to be better informed so that you don't have problems like this to haunt you on top of everything else.

M. Arthur Auslander  
Auslander & Thomas-Intellectual Property Law Since 1909
3008 Johnson Ave., New York, NY 10463
7185430266, aus@auslander.com
ELAINE's Workshop®
E arly L egal A dvice I s N ot E xpensive™
Reality Check®

IP Logged
Karen Dudnikov
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22nd, 2003, 7:52am »

Major League Baseball used to send out agreements like that to people they had shut down on eBay.

They shut me down and I sued them.  They backed down.  

Which handbag company, some are tougher than others.

I know one company that claimed they had a copyright but when pressured for the number they could never come up with it.  And this was a major name corporation.

Email me directly if you like, and check out my website for battles I've been in and won on my own:

http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/trademarks.html

The first company that came after me almost bankrupted me, I fought back and won but it took almost a year and it's been tough to recover from.
IP Logged
nobody
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22nd, 2003, 10:12am »

At first I gathered that you didn't know the difference between a copyright and a trademark, but I read your link and see that you obviously do.

As for the idiotic DMCA, here is a site you might enjoy browsing:

http://www.chillingeffects.org/

IP Logged
Karen Dudnikov
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22nd, 2003, 2:05pm »

Enjoy browsing, shot, I'm posted on there for the first VeRO member that came after me.

Wanted a list of everything I owned with their clients copyright on it so they could arrange for it's seizure and disposal.

Ignoring the advice from Mr. Auslander to give up because we didn't have a case, we fought back and won.
IP Logged
Vman

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Dec 22nd, 2003, 6:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The lawyer says he represents Louis Vuitton and Fendi although he is not a company lawyer. Thats why I feel he is in it for the easy money.

Our bags do not have lables and the patterns are different. Louis Vuitton is famous for the "LV", some of our bags have an "L" and most have a "J". On top of that Louis Vuitton bags sell for $500 to $800, ours sell for $25 to $30.

The bags we sell are actually not even the desired type. People look for the bags with the lables and logos which sell for $100 or so. We lose a lot of customers because of this but we always stayed with what we had because it's legal.  
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »