The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 25th, 2019, 5:23am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums
   Other
   Trade Secret Forum
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Will I be sued?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Will I be sued?  (Read 947 times)
Tirina
Will I be sued?
« on: Sep 29th, 2006, 8:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi,  I recently created a product for a company I was employed by.  They are not sure if they will use my idea.
My job ended and I was hired by a competitor.

I would like to pitch my product to my new boss. Will I be sued?  What about if I pitch part of my product (the product has multiple features)?  

If I cannot do that, is it possible to tweak the product? If yes, what can I tweak in order for it to be legal?

Thank-you for your help!
IP Logged
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

Re: Will I be sued?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 11:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It's impossible to say whether you'll be sued.  You can be sued, and there are some good reasons to think your old employer will prevail.  It's more like that, if anyone is sued, it will be your new employer -- they have more money to lose than you do, presumably.  In addition, your former employer really wants to stop your new employer -- stopping you is just another means to that end.

Tweaking the idea probably won't help so long as the kernel of that idea is trade secret information of your former employer.  You'd be best to wait until that part of the idea that you came up with at your former employer becomes generally (publicly) known.

Regards.
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »